Monday, October 13, 2008

Sick Girl Speaks Some More

I have toyed with the idea of writing another book. In fact, months ago I made a big announcement that I was "pregnant" with literary child. That book was a fine idea but one I failed to follow through on.

So here I am again. Deciding that I am ready for book # 2. Will it happen? I hope so.

"Sick Girl Speaks Some More; Building the Bridge in Our Medical Revolution"

This book will focus on things I have learned this year by poking my head behind "the other side of the curtain." There are things I know now that I didn't know a year ago. There are things in Sick Girl Speaks! that I would like to get more specific about or clarify. There are topics I didn't explore that I would like to now. There are some issues I feel more brave in talking about and some I feel more humbled by and would like to approach with more balance and compassion. Overall, I will continue to focus on patient advocacy and providing a window into the patient experience. In addition, I would like to find ways to remove the "us" versus "them" mentality from my work, and ideally the entire culture of healthcare, so that we can move forward as humans in this medical maze together.

I have learned so many things this year. I will learn many more next year. Maybe next year's book will be called "Sick Girl Speaks Again." Who knows? For now, I am aiming for a December deadline and a new book to be out in early 2009.

No promises but it sure makes my mouth water just thinking about it.

What do you think? Would you read another book like "Sick Girl Speaks!" ?

4 comments:

denverdoc said...

You're darn straight I would. What a lot of energy you have!

Midlife Midwife said...

Absolutely! When Sick Girl Speaks, I'm ready to listen!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Em said...

Yes! Go for it! I would love to read more of the new insights you've learned this year.

HealthCentral Top Site Award