Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tiffany's Trust Mantras...pick as needed!

Today, as I feel this pain, I worry that I will never have a day without pain again.
I remind myself that on earth nothing is permanent and this pain will not always be with me.
I trust that this state of pain will not last forever and I will again have peace.

Today, as I feel this grief, I worry that I will never be happy again.
I remind myself that on earth nothing is permanent and this grief will not always be with me.
I trust that this intense grief will not last forever and I will again have peace.

Today, as I feel so alone, I worry that I will never have the support I need again.
I remind myself that on earth nothing is permanent and I will not always need this support and other people will not always feel so distant.
I trust that this feeling of loneliness will not last forever and I will again have peace.

Today, as I feel so scared, I worry that I will never be able to overcome this fear.
I remind myself that on earth nothing is permanent and I will find a way to handle what is filling me with fear, or it will change and no longer be so scary.
I trust that this state of fear will not last forever and I will again have peace.

Today, as I face the unknown, I worry that my life will never be the same again.
I remind myself that on earth nothing is permanent and it will change no matter what, even if this current unknown turns out to be benign.
I trust that this state of instability will not last forever and I will again have peace.

Today, as I feel so bored, I worry that I will never feel invigorated again.
I remind myself that on earth nothing is permanent and I will become engaged in life again.
I trust that this state of boredom will not last forever and I will again have peace.

Today, as I feel this fatigue, I worry that I will never have a day when I have passion for life again.
I remind myself that on earth nothing is permanent and I will have energy again.
I trust that I will not feel tired forever and I will again have peace.

4 comments:

Clamshellmuni said...

“Let the [unnamed embodiment of all mantras] breathe and walk; I don’t have to breathe, I don’t have to walk.”

--Thich Nhat Hanh

Cuz as you know, breathing and walking can get to be a real bastahd.

Paige said...

Thank you for sharing these reminders that whatever state I find myself in I can always count on impermanence and the changing nature of the universe and self.

Marla Hamlin said...

I just ordered a autographed book for my LAM friend Judy, who is probably going to get her 2nd lung transplant at Duke. I paid for the book but how do I get you to autograph it to Judy? I'll have it shippped to me anyway. Love your thoughts!! Marla

Midlife Midwife said...

Love the mantras. I've been saying this one to myself the last 8 days..."It feels like the flu will last forever but I remind myself that on earth nothing is permanent (even the flu)" Thanks