Monday, January 26, 2009

Cold Calls

I love my job...well, most of it anyway. The fun part is the speaking and the writing. Trying to find bookings for speaking, however, is less fun. I have been very lucky in that most of my speaking engagements have come to me, I have done minimal soliciting.

Well, it's a new year and time to take things to the next level. For me that means concentrating more energy on booking large conferences all over the place. I have been looking and looking for loopholes to the cold call but today, I decided it had to be done.

I placed 3 cold calls with 3 hospice conferences. I got voicemails and that suited me just fine! It really wasn't so bad. As long as I made the call about what I believe in and not about me, it was fine. Do I look forward to doing it again? Ummm. Not really.

Dreams really do come true, and they have price tags attached! :)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I did a lot of cold calling last fall. You're right, it's really hard! Kudos to you for taking the plunge.

HealthCentral Top Site Award