Saturday, October 20, 2007

Books!


Thank you to everyone who bought Sick Girl Speaks! this week!

It's been very exciting to ship them off to their new homes.

I will be walking on pins and needles until I get some feedback, however. I'm trying not to let my anticipation give me a headache!

I have read most of the book and I like it. Of course, as the author, I read it and think "I should have explained that in more detail" or "I wish I had included that story" but for the most part, I'm happy with it as my first attempt at writing a book.

Yes, there are some pretty significant typos in there. Yes, it makes me cringe to see them. There is a lesson there for me: Slow down and do it right the first time! When I do a project, no matter what it is, I can't wait to see the end--to accomplish the goal. This is the way I have always been. I tried to be conscious of that when doing this project and was successful up to a point. When I turned the corner and saw the finish line, however, I could no longer maintain my patience. This, my friends, is why my book has many typos!

I plan on fixing the typos when I have the money to do so. It will be a while. In the meantime, I have another lesson to embrace: I am good enough, even for typos. I don't mean that in an egotistical kind of way. I mean that I now have to work at being at peace with my project: the parts I like and the parts I would like to change. I have to understand that all of it is a reflection of who I am and, therefor, even with the imperfection it's perfect. It's one more lesson in learning to love myself, flaws and all.

Some people have asked me if I make more profit from the books sold on my website or on Amazon.com. Let me say, order the books from wherever is most convenient for you...To answer the question, I make the most profit from the paperbacks sold on my website.

If you are a patient or a medical professional, please email me about your special discount offer.

Thanks again to all the blog readers out there!

No comments:

HealthCentral Top Site Award