Friday, May 29, 2009

New Adventures: Online Workshops!

As some of you may know, I am lucky enough to have a grant this year which funds some of my workshops and talks.

Next month I am trying something new: online seminars.

I have decided to make my my first webinar available only to CF patients, families and friends. Due to cross infection issues, CF folks can not really come together for seminars anymore and this is my solution to that unfortunate reality.

I have provided the webinar information below. If you would like to pass this info along to other people in the CF Community, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!!!
Tiffany

Project Compassion Presents: "Finding Your Voice in the Healthcare Maze" facilitated by CF patient and two-time double lung transplant recipient, Tiffany Christensen.

In each session, the primary focus will be advocating for yourself or someone you love in a healthcare setting. Secondary topics include advance care planning and the myths and truths of organ/tissue donation.
The webinars will be 3 Saturdays in a row: June 13th, 20th and 27th. They will take place at 3:00pm EST.

Cost:

For CF patients, friends and families within North Carolina, there is no enrollment fee. This webinar is being underwritten by a North Carolina grant and there is no cost.

For CF patients, friends and families within the USA but outside of North Carolina or for those in Canada, the cost is minimal.

To attend all three sessions: $25.00

To attend two of the three sessions: $20.00

To attend one of the three sessions: $10.00



To register visit: fyv.webtrain.com and click on "Browse Upcoming Events" and click "register now" under each session you wish to attend.

You may also register by sending an email directly to Tiffany at tiffany@project-compassion.org. Be sure to include contact information and the sessions you wish to attend.



To pay for registration (only for those outside of North Carolina), please visit:

https://www.merchantamerica.com/projectcompassion/

and click on "Register for the CF Finding Your VoiceWebinar."



To learn more about Tiffany, visit www.sickgirlspeaks.com

Questions may be sent directly to Tiffany at

tiffany@project-compassion.org

3 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Stumbeld on your blog and was hoping that you and your readers would be interested in this.

http://www.firstgiving.com/hallietwomey

6 years ago Saturday, my Dad received a new heart. He lived in a Boston hospital for 98 days basically waiting to get a new heart or to die. It was that cut and dry. The doctor’s were brutally honest….at 59, he would die without a transplant. While there, we watched as several of his floormates died before a heart became available. It was hard. Very hard. Yet it happens more time each day than I care to think about.

Since that day (June 13th, 2003) I have passionately wanted to do SOMETHING, ANYTHING to help raise awareness about organ donation. I always believed that if my Dad’s story helped change even one person’s mind, then I would be a very happy daughter.

But you know what? I want to do more. I want to help in a BIG WAY.

I’ve been debating how one thankful daughter can make a difference, How I can help spread the word. How I can best honor not only my Dad but the memory of the donor as well.

What I know is that more eduaction is needed and that more people need to learn why organ donation is so very important. What I’ve found is that for some people, until they are faced with a loved one (or themself) needing an organ, they don’t necessarily think about it. I wish that NO ONE ever had to face the excruciating choice involved in donating their loved ones organs, but I know that will never happen. If my Dad’s donor family had NOT agreed to donate their son’s heart, my Dad would not be here today.

What I decided to do is to hold a raffle in August to raise as much money as I possibly can. All the money I raise will be turned over to UNOS, an organization that works dilligently to raise organ donation awareness.

Hope you and your readers might hop over and check it out. There will be 25 amazing prize packages raffled off with items totaling thousands of dollars.

Thanks in advance for your time,
Hallie

Tiffany said...

I just wanted to let you know that I typed in "Tiffany Christensen" into google (because that's my name too :) and I found your blog! I am SO GRATEFUL to have found this! I have been through a lot of illness these past 2 years (I am 21) and I can't tell you how excited I am to read through old entries. Thanks so much :) It's good to know that others can relate!

derl said...

I was hurt and heart broken when a very big problem occurred in my marriage seven months ago, between me and my wife . so terrible that she took the case to court to file a divorce. She said that she cannot continue to stay with me again, and she said "I don't love you anymore" So she took her things out of the house and made me and my children passed through several emotional pain. I tried all my possible means to get her back, after much begging, but all to no avail. and she confirmed it that she has made her decision, and she never wanted to see me again. So one evening, as i was coming back from work ,i meant an old friend of mine who asked of my wife .So i explained every thing to him, so he told me that the only way i can get my wife back, is to visit a prophet to know what is really behind this issue, because it has really worked for other people too. So i never believed in spell, but i had no other choice than to follow his advice. Then he gave me the Email address of the prophet. prophetehiagwina @gmail .com. So the next morning, i sent a mail to the address he gave to me, and the prophet respond the following day and assured me that i will get my wife back the next day. Hopefully I believed since my friend recommended me to him, ,so we discussed and told me everything that i need to do. Then the next morning, So surprisingly, my wife who didn't call me for the past 7 months, gave me a call to inform me that she was coming back. So Amazing!! So that was how she came back that same day ,with lots of love and joy, and she apologized on her mistake ,and for the pain she caused me and my children. Then from that day ,our relationship was now stronger than how it were before ,by the help of a prophet . So, i will advice you out there if you have any problem contact PROPHET EHIAGWINA, i give you 100% guarantee that he will help you.. Email him at: prophetehiagwina @ gmail. com or call/whatsapp +2348139182295

prophet ehiagwina can help solve problems such as:
genetic battle
spell to kill or destroy your enemy
promotion spells
win lottery
dealing narcissist spell
Avenge someone
Spell to someone
and many more

HealthCentral Top Site Award