Friday, September 7, 2007

Out with a bang!

This has been a topsy-turvy week. I have been overwhelmed with the list of things I need to do to get my name out there and start booking some gigs.

I had a meeting with someone about doing a CF workshop and realized that I won't be able to do workshops for my fellow genetically challenged peeps at all! There are strict rules about allowing CFers in a room together as they may pass certain bacteria to each other. That sincerely makes me sad and, on a selfish note, ruins lots of plans I had to book workshops with the big CF organizations. I was feeling pretty discouraged yesterday.

Today, however, I booked a speaking engagement with the hospital--I'll be talking to hospital chaplains in residency. So cool. That made me feel good.

It's the end of week one and the calender is beginning to fill up. I have Psychiatry Grand Rounds and a Pain forum this month. Next month I have the Chaplain talk. Woven throughout, I have 3 really cool grant proposals I'm a part of that hopefully will get funded. I also have a community pet memorial service I'm planning for November.

I'm starting to see that the bulk of my "gigs" have been within the medical/caregiver community. I think I'll focus more energy in that direction next week.

All in all, this has been a scary week that ended on an exciting BANG!
Can't wait to see what's coming next week!

2 comments:

Jen! said...

Good news on the new gigs! Maybe for CF stuff you could somehow do live tele-conferences? No germ sharing, just information sharing. :)

j said...

Congrats on the gigs! I was actually going to suggest what Jen did, about doing a live television conference, it seems safe enough!

HealthCentral Top Site Award