Monday, October 1, 2007

Camping and Other News

Tomorrow, October 2nd, my hubby, myself and our two old dogs will be heading to the mountains for a 4 day camping excursion. This will be my first time camping EVER! I am excited. Just keep your fingers crossed that I don't get eaten by any bears...

Here's the other news:
My book is in the final stage of production! I will have the first copies, the author copies, in my sweaty little hands in 2-3 weeks. At that point, my book will be available only through my website and the publisher's website. I think it takes up to 12 weeks before it will be readily available on all of the online stores. Any copy bought directly from me will allow me to have a slightly higher profit and they will be autographed. Very exciting.
Once the book is in my hands, I will be editing this blog and any chapters that are in the book will be cut down significantly. I will continue to blog, however. I have two more books in mind and this blog is the perfect place to explore my latest ideas.


Now, here's your assignment, if you choose to accept it!
I have an idea for my website. I'd like to start a section on the home page called "Ask Tiffany." People can email me with questions about things I've written or about something in their life they want another opinion on. Once a week, I'll pick a question and post it on the website. I will have a link to my blog and post my answer there.

You are welcome to use this as an opportunity to disagree with me, agree with me or just post a question with your blog name so you get a few more viewers. I'm excited about this project and hope to have lots of question in my in-box when I get home from communing with nature!
Here's the email address: tiffany@sickgirlspeaks.com
You'll get a vacation notice but I'll read them when I get home...

Thanks!!
BTW, I will be reading two of Jon Krakauer's books on my trip: "Into the Wild" and "Into Thin Air" (perfect camping books.) If I have time I will also read "Eat Pray Love"
by Elizabeth Gilbert. I'll let you know my reviews!

3 comments:

Jen! said...

Hope you have a BLAST!

Migraine Chick said...

I'm really looking forward to reading your book!

Laurie said...

Exciting stuff!! Congrats on coming down the home stretch.

HealthCentral Top Site Award