Sunday, January 6, 2008

Something to Live For

I talk a lot on this blog about living each day to the fullest and about remaining conscious of how precious every day is. Often, I get my motivation to live well from thinking about my donors. Some days, I get it from missing friends who have passed. Often, I get it from the excitement that comes from my new business endeavors. Once in a while, I can't quite find the inspiration to suck the marrow out of the new day.

Tonight, I got a sweet email from a mom who lost her precious 5 year old boy to CF just last month. She was encouraging me make my dreams come true! Can you believe the generosity some people have in their hearts?

Monday, January 7th, I will live to the fullest in honor of Clay. Our disease took him so soon and the least I can do is remember how lucky I am as often as humanly possible.

I have so many things to live for. My life is so beautiful. Now, I have one more thing to live for--Clay, this one is for you. Happy Monday, everyone.

Live 'em while you got 'em!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your blog !! I never expected that you would do what you did! I ordered your book for myself and my sister inlaw !! I will talk about you for the rest of my days !! You made my day today!! I will hold you near and dear to my heart !!!
With best Wishes
Natasha Hollon

Anonymous said...

I want to thank you for taking time to acknowledge my nephew and his life. Although it was shorter than we had wished, we are lucky to have been given the opportunity to know and love him. Which brings me to the reason I am writing you today, I wanted to thank you for keeping his spirit alive and for giving his mother inspiration and another day/reason to celebrate his precious life.
I wish you the best of luck in all of your endeavors. You should be proud of all you have accomplished.

HealthCentral Top Site Award